So, it’s Christmas day and the lovely smell of turkey, roast potatoes and gravy is filling the air. The table is set and the only thing missing is the guests. All the usual suspects are there: parents, siblings, grandparents. But, who is that at the door? Why, it’s Johnny Depp!
In a similar vein to my Fantasy dinner party: Actors and characters post from earlier this year, I thought I’d take a festive look at who I’d love to have around for Christmas dinner.
As I explained in my previous post, when someone asks you “who would you invite to your fantasy dinner party?”, it normally goes along the lines of:
- either three or five people
- can be living or dead
- either actors/sportspeople/politicians/etc or a mix
I’ve had a think and these are my favourite actors and characters that I’d love to share a table with.
1. Peter Jackson: PJ was at the top of my invite list in my previous post and I’d love to have him round to share the day. With The Hobbit filming well under way we’d have a lot to talk about.
2. Kate Winslet: Apart from being a fantastic actress, this lovely lady would be great in case there was an emergency – we all know about the fire on Necker Island, right?
3. Michael Fassbender: The Fass has had a fantastic year and it would be great to catch up with him before he has an even busier year next year!
4. Gary Oldman: One of my favourite actors, Gary will soon be reprising his role of Lt. Jim Gordon in The Dark Knight Rises. He received critical aclaim for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and could well be on track for an Oscar nod…
5. Daniel Craig: Well, 007 is back and Daniel is going to be very busy filming Skyfall over the next few months. A very private man, I’d love to get behind his cool facade and find out more about this top Brit actor.
Film characters – from films released this year
1. Charles Xavier (X-Men: First Class): The young Professor X is a very cheeky chappie, and it would be great to have him share a few jokes and anecdotes during lunch. It would be great to know him in his youth before he becomes the wise, older Professor X that we all know and love.
2. Adriana (Midnight in Paris): The beautiful Adriana would certainly have lots of fantastic, glamorous stories to tell as well. A Parisienne from the 1920s, Adriana used to hang around with some very famous artists and writers.
3. Thor (Thor): My new favourite superhero, Thor enjoys his eating and drinking, and I’m sure he’d love Christmas lunch.
4. Harry Potter (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2): It’s quite fair to say that Harry has had an exciting life. Whether it was the 18-year-old Harry or the mid-30s Harry, I’d love to have his company.
5. Charlie Kenton (Real Steel): My money is on this charismatic ex-boxer chatting up Adriana! I’m sure his tales from the world of robot boxing would intrigue her…
Two guests who would be invited, as long as they stayed on their best behaviour, would be Rooster Cogburn (Ture Grit) and Sgt Gerry Boyle (The Guard). However, if you got a drink down these two I’m sure the evening would become quite a raucous affair!